Our wide range of Extra Virgin Olive Oils.
We distinguish our Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO´s) by the ripening of the olive.
Why do we call the oils ALBA, CÉNIT y ÉREBO?
When we startted with our MERGAOLIVA brand, we thought it would be a good idea to establish a simile between the ripeness of the olive and the different phases of a day.
The names were given in relation to those moments:
The different olive ripening stages take place in the same order as those moments of the day: GREEN, PURPLE y BLACK.
Diagram of the three basic types according to olive ripeness:
Over the years, new types have been added:
All our EVOO types are elaborated with similar procedures, on the basis of fundamental principles:
- Soil care is the primary basis, trying to be respectful with the natural environment.
- Prevention and healing of posible deficiencies or plagues that affect the trees.
- Following-up and caretaking of the fruit during the ripening process.
- Tree and fruit-friendly harvesting.
- Inmediate transport and grinding after harvesting the olives.
- Grinding exclusively with mechanical means and oil extraction in cold.
- EVOO storage, monitoring and filtering in our acclimatized cellar until the oil is bottled.
Balsamic oils (flavoured):
These oils are flavoured in a natural way:
The fragance is obtained during the mixing process where the oil is in contact with the fruit o spice;
NO other artificial aroma is added in the process.